Moler Barber School was established by Mr. A.B. Moler in 1893 at # 12 Nicollet Avenue, this was the third school to be opened by him. The first school was located in Chicago, IL, and second in Springfield, IL. In 1920, Mr. Moler moved the school to 215 Nicollet Avenue and sold it to K.W. Krausmann.
Mr. K.W. Krausmann sold the school to Mr. Grover Dodds in 1930. Mr. Lou Mader became his partner in 1931. Under their management, the school was moved to 1376 Nicollet Avenue in 1959.
In 1971, Mr. Donald Mason purchased the school and continued to operate in that location until 1975. The school was then moved to 1411 Nicollet Avenue.
Mr. Mason developed health problems and his son Don Mason Jr. managed the school until its sale in January 1988. For the first time in the history of Moler Barber School, it was relocated from a Nicollet Avenue location to 2500 Central Avenue NE in 2001 under the ownership of Del Martinson.
On December 3, 2003 Moler Barber School was purchased by Fred Tomas and Bill Hansen. This partnership lasted until November 1, 2006, when Terrie Mau became a partner with Bill Hansen. On December 1, 2013 the school relocated from 2500 Central Avenue NE to 4864 Central Avenue NE.
On Semtember 1, 2015 Moler Barber School opened a St. Cloud location in which is operated by Andrew Storkamp and William Stuart. Ms. Mau as well as Mr. Storkamp and Mr. Stuart hope to continue the long running tradition of Moler Barber School being a prestigious leader in the training and educating of the barbers of tomorrow.